Re: ATI releases update Linux drivers for Xfree 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3

Paul Johnson wrote:

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 10:25:23PM -0500, Nick Lidakis wrote:

I thought someone on the list might want to know that ATI released updated drivers for their Radeon Fire GL and consumer 8500 series and above video cards.

Anything's gotta be better than what I've got right now...anybody know
the ETA of seeing this in Debianized form?
Well, they do have an rpm of the driver. I just convert it into a .deb with alien and then I installed it (incidentally, ATI recommended alien for debian users in their "Release Notes" readme.

You also need a kernel module. And the drivers are proprietary right (?). Is it possible to make a debian package that goes to ATI's website and download stuff??

I've got it working here with not much hoo-haa. I did the same thing as when I first got the older driver in april...

--
Harshwardhan Nagaonkar
Electrical Engineering Sysop