make-kpkg fails on changelog with wrong name after patch

Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed on woody the following:

kernel-source-2.4.18
kernel-patch-grsecurity-2-4

I untared the source, and then cd'ed into the top level directory, used a
default config (make menuconfig and Save), just applied the grsecurity
option (wanted to make sure it compiles ok, before I start customising the
config file)

then ran:

make-kpkg --added-patches=grsecurity_2_4 --append-to-version=-grsec-1.9.4
--initrd kernel-image

It builds ok, up until the very end, it keeps failing with:

/usr/bin/make -f /usr/share/kernel-package/rules real_stamp_image
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18'

The changelog says we are creating 2.4.18-grsec-1.9.4, but I thought the
version is 2.4.18-grsec-1.9.4-grsec-1.9.4

make[1]: *** [real_stamp_image] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18'
make: *** [kernel-image-deb] Error 2

No matter what I enter on the '--append-to-version' lor if I leave it out,
it keeps stopping at this level and complaining about the changelog
version.

I'm pretty sure something has been missed out somewhere.

Any help would be appresiated.

Yes everttime I retry it, I completely remove the kernel-source-2.4.18
directory.
Cheers

Mark

--
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism,
to steal ideas from many is research.