mouseclick blocking: rxvt vs. xterm ???

I have encountered an unexpected difference between rxvt and xterm.
Suppose that I have a line:

	=computers/security/snort/current

Under rxvt, when I double-click anywhere to the right of '=', I
highlight and move to the buffer this:

	computers/security/snort/current

Under xterm, when I double-click, I can only capture smaller portions of
that line, like these:

	computers
	/
	security
	/
	&c.

Where is this configurable for xterm?  I'd gladly block short strings
manually, if I can automatically block long strings.

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,

mds