Re: iptables woes on woody, not accepting inbound connections

Once upon a time John Hedge was quoted as saying:
> Have a look at Shorewall (http://www.shorewall.net).

I really want to only use standard debian packages, apart from using LIDS
on a 2.4.21 kernel latter on, I have my main standalone firewall (Cisco
Pix 515e), and I really want to setup a basic firewall on each server
(both on hte DMX and SIN), to make sure that only those connections that I
want specific to each server can get in and out of the servers.

> It's a lot easier than struggling directly with iptables and Tom Eastep
> is a great manager of his list at shorewall-users@lists.shorewall.net.

I'm not struggling with iptables, I have always been able to set it up
perfectly ok, understand the way it works without having to rack my
brains,
the only thing I cannot get working is using the -m state --state ? way of
working, working with the old way (i.e ipchans way of doing stiff, static
rules) I have no problem with

Mark

--
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism,
to steal ideas from many is research.