Re: iptables woes on woody, not accepting inbound connections

Once upon a time Shaul Karl was quoted as saying:

> would have add LOG rules in order to try and found out what happens
> to those inbound packets.

Sorry I missed that off the post, logging does actually drop inbound
packets on eth0 to ssh or apache, it would seem after banging my head on a
wall, that using statefull inspection is not working or I missunderstood
something,
In hte past I have always used static rules, as these are very similar to
the old ipchans way, using static tunles work fine, the connections are
received etc, but with statefull they are dropped...

> else, like tcpwrappers?

Nope my system works fine with my hosts.allow/hosts.deny setup,
adding a firewalll to this equation would not effect this issue at all.

--
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism,
to steal ideas from many is research.