Re: Kernel image 2.6.0 test

On July 22, 2003 12:33 pm, Chris Anderson wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 13:37, Christopher Swingley wrote:
> > Leo,
> >
> > * Leo Spalteholz <leo@spalteholz.ca> [2003-Jul-22 07:42 AKDT]:
> > > Anyone have experience wrt the reliability of this test kernel?
> >
> > I've been running 2.6.0-test1 (custom compiled by me for my
> > hardware) for 8 days on my workstation.  It does a fair amount of
> > http / php / mysql stuff, as well as handling my daily tasks.  No
> > problems (knock wood) so far, and it's interactivity during heavy
> > disk usage is much better than 2.4.xx.
> >
> > Can't say anything about the Debian package or grub since I don't
> > use either.
> >
> > Chris
> > --
> > Christopher S. Swingley          email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu
> > IARC -- Frontier Program         Please use encryption.  GPG key
> > at: University of Alaska Fairbanks
> > www.frontier.iarc.uaf.edu/~cswingle/
>
> I've also been using 2.6.0-test1 since it was released and I have
> had no problems with it.

sounds good.  It seems the debian package is a little borked for me..
Its spits out a bunch of messages about /dev/root2 not being a device
and then can't open /dev/console at which point it panics..

Apparently devfs is a little confused. I'll read up on how to set that
up properly..

Can't wait to be running this kernel.  It sounds very promising.

~leo