Re: mouse wheel scrolling in mutt ???

* Michael D. Schleif (mds@helices.org) wrote:
> Seems like such a simple little thing.
>
> Yes, I know that this is not really on-topic.
>
> However, when I am reading long emails, it would really be nice to use
> the mouse wheel to scroll down the page, just as I do with webpages.

mutt doesn't do meeces at all.

ibroadfo@iain-vaio-fx405:~$ zgrep mouse /usr/share/doc/mutt/manual.txt.gz
ibroadfo@iain-vaio-fx405:~$

> I'm running mutt in rxvt, if that matters.
>
> I asked this in mutt-users.  One suggestion is to use imwheel; but,
> reading the description, I do not see how this can help me.

no, imwheel won't help.

> What do you think?

you could always pipe long messages through a CLI-www-browser
(elinks/wm3/whatever) since they tend to know about mouses.

iain

--
wh33, y1p33 3tc.

"If sharing a thing in no way diminishes it, it is not rightly owned if it is
not shared." -St. Augustine