specifying geometry in GNOME

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a couple of programs to be launched when I log
in to Gnome.  I'm running gnome 1.4 on woody.

So I added Licq and gbuffy into Sessions -> Startup Programs in the
Gnome control center, and they both start at login.

Now, Licq remembers its window size and position, so when I log in I
find it right where I left it. gbuffy, on the other hand, always
starts hard against the upper left corner.

I've tried specifying geometry with strings like:
~$ gbuffy -geometry 108-0+0
and the size parameters work, but the position is just ignored and
the window keeps appearing in the top left corner.  So how do I
force the window to appear where I want it?

Also, I'd like the windows both to be "sticky" and not show up in
the gnome taskbar. How do I specify these things at the
command-line?

	-Cheers!
--