Re: 137GB HD limit?

* Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com> [030722 18:13]:
>   Is there a 137GB HD limit in linux kernel? It looks like I can only
> access about that much of 250GB SATA (Serial ATA drive).
>
>   googled & searched lkml but found nothing conclusive, there are some
> emails about problems with 137+ GB HDs. Anybody knows what's going on?
>
>   BTW this is on debian unstable with 2.4.21-ac4 kernel (that's the one
> that has SATA driver), MB is intel D865PERL, Maxtor SATA HD (250GTB).

Stock kernels before 2.4.19 (I think) had this problem. It "should"
work fine with 2.4.21. However I think you should check your .config.
You may need to recompile with some additional option enabled.

Maybe look at the change logs at kernel.org.

Sorry for the cryptic response; a work mate had this problem just
the other day, and a compiling a 2.4.21 kernel did solve the problem.
I'd ask him, but he's out right now.

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux twofish 2.6.0-test1-looxt93c6 #1 Thu Jul 17 16:49:12 JST 2003