137GB HD limit?

Is there a 137GB HD limit in linux kernel? It looks like I can only access about that much of 250GB SATA (Serial ATA drive).

googled & searched lkml but found nothing conclusive, there are some emails about problems with 137+ GB HDs. Anybody knows what's going on?

BTW this is on debian unstable with 2.4.21-ac4 kernel (that's the one that has SATA driver), MB is intel D865PERL, Maxtor SATA HD (250GTB).

YABTW I checked the drive under windows and it seems to be working correctly (after I got SP1 for windows XP which has support for 137+ GB drives)