Re: Smaller margins in postscript documents.

On Monday 21 July 2003 17:04, David Z Maze wrote:
> I suspect you're not really writing postscript documents by hand; what
> is producing the files?  There's not an easy way to do this in
> general.  There might be something that could rescale a file to be 10%
> larger and still centered, but I can't come up with anything off hand
> that would do it.

	The documents are physics preprint papers from www.arxiv.org, so they usually
come from latex, and the sources are available.
	I use 'psnup -2' to get two pages on each side of a sheet of paper (four
pages per sheet), thus getting lots of whitespace between the two columns of
text. So even if could if find a way to enlarge the original ps file, the
psnup command will give even more whitespace in the middle of the page
	It would be cool if there was a simple postscript command that could scale up
the content of the pages (and not the pagesize), but I don't think I will
bother if it necessary to modify the latex source and reprocess.

Thanks
--
Torquil Macdonald Sørensen, http://folk.uio.no/tmac