Re: How to specify MAIL FROM

On Monday 21 July 2003 05:38, yuwen wrote:
> Hi, Dear all
>
> I use exim to send mail directly to the outside world.  But since I
> don't have my own doname name, the MAIL FROM field of my email is just
> like `root@leo' where leo is my hostname. Many stmp server refuse mail
> whose MAILFROM is not a correct domain name.  Can I modify MAIL FROM in
> someplace, like mailrc or on the comand line? I use `mail' as my MUA.
Hi

you need to do 2 things.

1. configure exim to use a domain name (the one you get your emails to). I
don't use exim so I can't help you with that.
2. I guess you also don't have a constant IP. you should probably also
configure exim to send all your messages through your ISP's smtp server. some
hosts don't accept mail from dialup IP's.

Bye
--
Haim