nautilus keeps scanning mount points

I am running debian unstable (nautilus version 2.2.4).
I am using autofs (ver 4) to mount the cdrom, windows partition and
floppy.
Nautilus keeps probing the mount points which consequently keeps
mounting these partions, and as a result it occasionally pops up a
browsing window (the popping up behavior comes and goes and I don't know
what I do to trigger it).
Its quite annoying since I am running a laptop and especially when on
battery I would rather that the cd won't keep firing up, not to mention
the annoying pop-up windows.
How do I stop it?

Thanx