Auto load pop3 mail at night ?

Hello

I need a program to auto load my many pop3 mail accounts (can't get on with IMAP) preferably in the middle of the night. And hopefully grab them from a spool directory via Mozilla 1.3

When I installed Debian, it offered me something like this, but at the time I ignored it and enterd defaults ! I now can not remember what the package was to do a dpkg-reconfigure

Also I will need a mail transport agent MTA? I checked "sendmail" apparently this is the "alternative" MTA. Can anyone tell me what the default Debian MTA is and do I need one if I use Mozilla ?

Many thanks
Dave