Re: alternatives to flash / fireworks?

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 10:41:45PM +0200, David Fokkema wrote:
> Now, my real question (sorry for the introduction): he uses Macromedia
> Flash Creator and Macromedia Fireworks for making little animations and
> nice banners, logos and stuff. See e.g. http://www.ileos.nl/ (his site).
>
> Are there any programs for linux that can do things like that?

Thanks for the replies so far. He's looking at ming to see if he can
create some flash animations and he's also quite enthusiastic about the
gimp and its animation capability except for the fact that the gimp can
only work on pixels... Are there plans for making the gimp support
vector-based drawing?

David