Re: Loading agpgart (Was: Loading drm)

Roberto Sanchez wrote:

Jerry,

The nForce2 AGPGART is not directly supported in 2.4.xx.  You have some

- download the driver from nVidia's website and apply the patch to a 2.4.20
  kernel (it applies just fine to the Debianized kernel)
- download a later 2.5.xx or the new 2.6.0-test1 kernel (which have the patched
  merged in to the source tree)*

Thank you for the info. I think I'd like to go with a debianized 2.4.20 kernel. Is deselect a good way to install it?

* The problem with the later 2.5 and new 2.6 kernel is that the onboard NIC
driver won't link because of changes to the PCI device and net device
interfaces

Let me know if you need any assistance with either of those things.

-Roberto Sanchez