Re: rmnologin in rc$.d

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 01:50:06 +0200, Jimmy Johansson wrote:

> My question is, do I need rmnologin,

The /etc/nologin file is described in man login. In short, you won't want
to disable this "daemon" (it doesn't run in the background).

> makedev

Not a daemon either. This one creates device nodes. See man makedev, man
mknod. Probably best to leave it where it is :) Also doesn't run in the
background.

> or quotarpc?

Don't know about this one, but RPC sounds dangerous. ;)

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!