Re: RealPlayer on Debian
- To: Ken Walker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: RealPlayer on Debian
- From: Bret Comstock Waldow <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 19 Jul 2003 19:20:32 -0400
- Message-id: <1058656832.901.128.camel@ganesha>
- In-reply-to: <oprskxa0hzy8ynnm@shawmail>
- References: <oprskxa0hzy8ynnm@shawmail>
apt-get install realplayer
In fact, this is a package that installs the .rpm from Real, as they
don't allow redistribution of their software.
I'm running Woody + backports. I got this one from:
deb http://marillat.free.fr stable main
There is other multimedia stuff there. You can try seaching
www.apt-get.org for listings of add-ons for Debian.
There are instructions in the package. It worked for me.
On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 18:41, Ken Walker wrote:
> I have been searching unsuccessfully for information on using RealPlayer in
> Debian. I use Opera or sometimes Konqueror as my web browser.
> The realplayer site has some downloads of generic Linux players but I was
> hoping to find a .deb package somewhere. Is there such a thing?
> Ken Walker
bwaldow at alum.mit.edu