Re: Running 2.4.21-i686 on my laptop fails...

Hmm.  Somehow the pcmcia package hadn't gotten updated to the same level
(unstable?) as the kernel and pcmcia-modules packages.  I upgraded it
and now everything is hunky dory... except I had to downrev the
xserver-xfree86 to 4.1.0-16 again, because of the bug in the Trident
Cyber 9388 chipset in 16-bit color mode :-/... wish those xfree86 folks
would fix that, it's been 10 months or so now...  Oh well.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortelnetworks.com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools