Re: wireless guide for debian

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 12:40:28 -0400, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 11:04:27AM -0500, wsykes.lists wrote:
> > does anyone know of a good wireless howto for debian?
> > Also what kernel version do i need?
>
> You may find the following useful (they're not debian specific, but they
> are pretty good):
> http://www.tuxmobil.org/Mobile-Guide.db/Mobile-Guide.html
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Wireless-HOWTO.html

It would be interesting to have a Debian-specific howto. The above
howto says:

   Wireless cards have interface similar to any Ethernet cards, so you
   have to add in /etc/conf.modules:

But there is no /etc/conf.modules file in Debian. And the following
is very unclear:

    2. "options module io=0xAAA irq=I ...", where 0xAAA is the io base
       address to assign the card, I is the IRQ and so on if there are
       other parameters.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des