CD access OK but new X86 problem

Hi folks,

Thanks for the couple of 'mount' commands. With them, I was able to mount the CD .iso file as a filesystem. I then select 'filesystem' as a installation source during apt-setup. After that, using apt-get to install packages was a breeze.

I installed x-window-system. But it wouldn't run. When I do a 'startx', there was an error message:

"(EE) Unable to open/locate config file.

Fatal server error:
no screen find"

I searched through /etc/X11. There wasn't any X86Config file. There was a XftConfig command script file.

What's wrong?

Take a break! Find destinations on MSN Travel. http://www.msn.com.sg/travel/