Re: wireless/cat5 bridge

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:04:29 -0700
Mike Fedyk <mfedyk@matchmail.com> wrote:

> # /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)
>
> #auto br0
> iface br0 inet static
>     address 10.0.0.122
>     netmask 255.255.255.0
>     broadcast 10.0.0.0
>     gateway 10.0.0.1
>     bridge_ports all

OK, cool... bridges can be configured through interfaces, which saves me
the fuss of writing an init script.  But a few more details would be
helpful - mainly, do I really need an IP address for the bridge?  Also,
I have the wireless configured in interfaces already in order to
specify the ESSID and WEP key - it also uses DHCP to get an address.
When I switch to bridging, do I switch that to static or will
removing the "auto" directive be enough?

Thanks,
Todd