Re: OT: why I don't want CCs

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 01:00:57PM -0400, Bijan Soleymani wrote:

| I remember having fetchmail deliver my mail to /dev/null after having
| misconfigured my MTA. I installed one of those "Sending Only" MTAs to
| use with mutt, and didn't realize that meant that fetchmail would pass
| it the mail and it would happily vaporize it.

Which send-only MTA was that?  If fetchmail was able to pass the mail
to it, then that means it was listening on port 25 (and pretending to
handle incoming mail) ... and it means I'll definitely avoid such
horrendous program design/implementation.

-D

--
Reckless words pierce like a sword,
but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/