RE: Controll/ Check VPN Tunnel?

Thanks for your answer. I hope you can help me to find my mistake.
I have succesfully established a connection between a third part router
with static ip and an linux box with FreeS/WAN and dynamic ip (pppoe).
Here is my config:

conn %default
        keyingtries=3
        type=tunnel
        auth=esp
        esp=3des-sha1-69
        authby=secret
        ikelifetime=1h
        keylife=1h
        keyexchange=ike
        pfs=yes
        left=%defaultroute
        leftsubnet=192.168.10.0/24

conn tital
        right=<static ip>
        rightsubnet=192.168.50.0/24
        auto=start

I think it must be correct or i?m false?

How can/ does FreeS/WAN detect and reestablish a lost connection,
for example isp disconnects after 24h.

Can both sides establish the freeS/WAN tunnel only if needed
without problems (routing)?

Thanks again for you help.