Re: [OT] linux-2.6.0-test1 problems

 --- Nick Hastings <hastings@bmail.kek.jp> escribió:
> Hi all,
>
>    in an ongoing saga trying to get usb and acpi working correctly on
> my Fujitsu LOOX T93c (Japanese cousin of the P2040), I compiled and
> booted linux-2.6.0-test1.
>
> I read [1] and made sure I had CONFIG_INPUT=y, CONFIG_VT=y,
> CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE=y and CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE=y.
>
> The machine booted with a blank console and eventually X came up.
> However neither the keyboard nor the inbuilt pointer were responding.
>
> I tried ssh'ing into the machine, but was unable to obtain a shell. I
> think here was an error message about tty allocation... I guess I
> should reboot, try again and take down the exact error.
>
> So I could not get a terminal, but I could send commands via ssh. For
> example
>
> ssh twofish uname -a, showed me that I was indeed running the new
> kernel.
>
> Anyway has anyone had more success than myself with this kernel? Care
> to share your .config?
>
> BTW, my usb mouse worked with 2.6.0-test1, so I really want to pursue this.
>
> TIA,
>
> Nick.

Nick,

The blank screen may be because your card is not supported by the framebuffer
device.  I have a recently purchased Radeon 9000 Pro that only brings up the
standard 80x25, 80x43, etc. text modes.  All the howtos and documentation
that I have found indicate that this a problem with the card/chipset.  I guess
I just need to wait for the kernel to catch up.  You may be in the same
situation (particularly if your hardware is very recent).

As for the USB, I just got this one figured out today after a couple of weeks
of tinkering with it.  The real showstopper for me was that I had forgotten to
turn on SCSI disk support and SCSI generic support.  I don't know why this was
the case, but it fixed the problem on my machine.

-Roberto

Here are the relevant sections of my .conifg.
(Warning: this is for a 2.4.21 kernel, so YMMV with the 2.6.x)

#
# SCSI support
#
CONFIG_SCSI=y

#
# SCSI support type (disk, tape, CD-ROM)
#
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD=y
CONFIG_SD_EXTRA_DEVS=40
# CONFIG_CHR_DEV_ST is not set