Re: Source Code for Kernel Modules

Hello

gaspard@zeus.UGent.be wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Andreas Janssen wrote:

>> As I already wrote, the sundance driver is not included in the standard
>> 2.2 kernel source. So it is nor possible unless you get the driver from
>> somewhere else, for example from the kernel-patch-ethernet-drivers
>> package.
>
> Yes, ok. But is it not possible to use the driver from the 2.4 in the
> 2.2? And in the 2.4 it is standard.
>
> Or do I miss something?

Yes, the sundance driver is included in the standard 2.4 kernels, and it
*might* be possible to compile it for kernel 2.2. I really didn't try it.
However, the size of the kernel-patch-ethernet-drivers package is < 200
kb, but the latest kernel-source-2.4.18 package (which is not available
on the CDs of r0 and r1 and must be downloaded because the original
packages had some security issues that were discovered after r1 was
released) is about 23 MB. So I didn't really consider this as an option
when I wrote the other message.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--