Re: Building FVWM 2.5.7 for Debian testing / Gnome 2

%% David Fokkema <dfokkema@ileos.nl> writes:

  >> Well, I have the libgnome2-devel package installed, but there's no
  >> gnome-config in there so the FVWM configuration doesn't recognize
  >> that it's installed.

  >> So... what next?  Any ideas where can I find a gnome-config for
  >> Gnome 2?

  df> Try apt-get install libdb3-dev. It'll probably fail, but at least
  df> apt-get will tell you why and then you'll know why libdb3-dev 'is
  df> not going to be installed'.

Well, I installed libdb3-dev and now it will install libgnome-dev.

But, that is the dev package for Gnome 1.4.  I know, because APT wants
to install a whole boatload of other 1.4.2 Gnome libraries when I ask
for libgnome-dev.

What I'm really wondering is, why isn't there a gnome-config in
Gnome 2 anymore or, if there is, what package is it a part of?

I guess I should ask this on the debian-gtk-gnome list.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortelnetworks.com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools