Re: Cannot access packages in CD

Hello

Jianan Huang wrote:

> Initially I intended to do a network installation. So I downloaded the
> necessary files to disk and launched the installation from there. I had
> a minimal system running and wanted to built up the system through the
> net using apt-get. On second thought, I decided to have a CD copy in
> case of disk crash. So I downloaded a binary-1 image and burned a CD
> with it. The CD shows one 500+ MB file with a .iso extension.

You wrote the CD the wrong way. You wrote the image to CD as a file, but
you must write it as an CD image. If you do it correctley, you will not
see one file on the CD, but the contents of the image. Depending on the
program you use, you should try to find something like "Write CD from
image file" or "Track image". Please consult the manual of your cd
writing program for further information.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen