Re: help with configuring PCMCIA modem

Tom Badran wrote:

On Tuesday 15 Jul 2003 10:02 am, Andreas Fromm wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to configure a Xircom PCMCIA Ethernet/Modem card. The
Ethernet seems to be working OK, but I need more the Modem then the
Ethernet adapter. Here is the relevant section of /var/log/syslog. Is
there any way to deptermine which IRQ is the xirc2ps_cs module trying to
use, and maybe to specify another?

Modules look fine, just try dialing on serial ports until one works (probably ttyS3).

Tom

On Tuesday 15 Jul 2003 10:39 am, you wrote:

> Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm using devfs!

ahh.. Does knoppix? If it doesnt i guess the simple answer is that particular module doesnt generate devices properly.

Tom

I don't know, and can't try it right now. If that is the problem, is there a solution or do I have to wait until a new version of the module does it right? Isn't there a compatibillity mode for devfs which takes care of all the old-way use of the /dev directory?

Regards

Andreas