Re: OT: How to recursively call a script?

* westk@acu.edu (westk@acu.edu) [030713 17:05]:
> OT: How to recursively call a script?

Well, you can recursively call it just like any other recursive call:
make sure you have a sane base case, and call yourself.  Your question
below really isn't about recursion, though. =)

> I've got a Solaris box, and I need to remotely restart the
> ssh daemon. On Debian, most init scripts have a "restart"
> option. Solaris apparently doesn't (what's with that?!).

restart)
	$0 stop
	sleep 1
	$0 start
	;;
esac

You'll see this technique used often in debian initscripts as well.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/