Re: Mutt moping: folders not working.

Adam Bogacki wrote:
> Hi, I set up my latest Mutt six months ago but mail from a number of
> high-volume lists
> [including debian-user-digest] floods into my inbox and takes much too
> long to process.
>
>     I've tried various things, consulted oracles, but nix. The one
> thing that occurs to me
> is that when my previous dual-boot system (Win98/Deb unstable) became
> unstable, I set up my next (WinXP/Deb unstable) with my old one
> ('Cyberia') mounted within the new one ('Tux').  Could too many
> '.procmails' be confusing Mutt ?

I'm in the process of migrating from WinXP to Debian (fetchmail, procmail,
mutt), so perhaps I'm in a good situation to help.

Too many .procmailrc's wouldn't confuse mutt, but may confuse procmail.  I
don't see why you have so many.  Anyway by default, it uses ~/.procmailrc.
I think you should post this file - if filtering isn't working you probably
have an issue with a recipe somewhere.

Personally I INCLUDE my recipes in .procmailrc from separate files e.g.
rc.lists.  This makes for easier maintainance if you have many recipes.

Antony