Re: Change font?

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 03:02:05AM -0400, The Nyc0n wrote:
> Here is the only thing I have found in my XF86Config-4 file that
> references fonts, is this what I am suppose to have by default?  I don't

A couple months or so ago, an update to XFree86 changed the default
order of fonts. If you are using debconf to manage part of
XF86Config-4 or the font server config file, your upgrade to testing
would have resulted in a change to the order of fonts from what you
had with woody. There are a lot of messages in the list archives
dicussing various font size problems.

> know why it would change on an upgrade, its very hard to read it I don't
> think it was a wise choice if it was suppose to be like that
>
> Here it is:
>

> Section "Files"
>         FontPath        "unix/:7100"

This line is telling X to get a font from the font server before
following your other font paths.

If you are using a font server, which seems to get installed by
default, check its config file, reorder the fonts, then restart the
font server and see if that solves your problem.

I use the following order:
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/,
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc/,
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/CID/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/

>         FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
>         FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
>         FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
>         FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"

You may need to move Type1 fonts to end of the list.

--
Jerome