Line drawing character missing?

Hi everyone,

I've posted before on this list about this problem, I've had some
help in my quest for solving this problem but it still exists.

Programs like "make menuconfig" and "aptitude" that use line drawing
characters have problems doing so. Instead of lines I get characters
like 'Ú' and 'Ä'. I've tried to change the font in both xterm and
Eterm. In xterm I checked the "line drawing characters" option and
used fixed fonts. Everything without success.

The only thing I haven't checked is if I am or not using
Anti-Aliased fonts. And I haven't done that because I don't know how
it is done!! :/ I've asked before, but no one replied.

Another thing is that, in some programs, when quitting or when
there's data input from the user the characters "1;2c" are echoed.

There are no problems when running the same programs in the console,
so the problem resides only in X.

Thanks in advance,

---
Paladin