Re: 2.5 series kernel experiences

On Sunday 13 July 2003 20:25, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> Anyone care to share any experiences with the 2.5 series kernels? I'm
> looking at moving my primary desktop and my laptop over to 2.5.75. Linus
> has said that 2.6 betas would be out this month, so I figure now's a
> good time to get a head start. Any particular things I should watch out
> for? I'm going to be using make-kpkg and friends to do all the work. Any
> issues with that? Also, how about .config? Can I just copy over my
> 2.4.21 .config and add new selections as necessary?

If you copy your old .config and make oldconfig, make shure you enable
Character Devices - CONFIG_VT
Character Devices - CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE
Graphics support - CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE

They disappeared when I configured linux-2.5.7X (because of a new dependency
or something).
--
Torquil Macdonald Sørensen, http://folk.uio.no/tmac