Re: why does debian undo boot text size

 --- briand@aracnet.com escribió: >
> I'm using a boot time text setting (using the vga= setting in lilo)
> which sets up a 80x50 screen size.  Some time during the boot process
> this gets undone and I'm back to 80x25.
>
> This start happening a while back.
>
> Anyone know why this might be happening ?
> Of course, advice on how to fix it is also useful :-)
>
> Thanks
>
> Brian

If you have framebuffer support enabled in the kernel (and it works with your
card) you can try vga=791.  That will give you 1024x768 (128 columns x 48 rows)
at 16 bpp.  It's what I use on my laptop to avoid using the nasty looking
"stretch" feature on the LCD.  Of course there are other modes, but I don't
recall them.

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es