Re: why does debian undo boot text size

On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 10:16:40PM -0700, briand@aracnet.com wrote:
> I'm using a boot time text setting (using the vga= setting in lilo)
> which sets up a 80x50 screen size.  Some time during the boot process
> this gets undone and I'm back to 80x25.
>
> This start happening a while back.

i guess you don't use framebuffer and have console-tools installed, right?

> Anyone know why this might be happening ?

your screenfont does set-back the resolution.

> Of course, advice on how to fix it is also useful :-)

first, try to load an alternate screenfont manually. do this with
'consolechars' and the fonts stored in /usr/share/consolefonts.

consolechars (8)     - load EGA/VGA console screen font, screen-font map, and/or application-charset map.

then, take a look in /etc/console-tools/config and the SCREEN_FONT option.
modify this option to setup a higher resolution (smaller character size,
the number behinde the dash.)

restart console-tools.

HTH

 - regards, turrican