remote esound problem

Hi!

I try to get remote sound working with esound. I have two computers
(surprise!) connected through LAN. The connection is up and running.

Computer A is running sid
Computer B is running sarge

If i start esd on 'B', i can redirect sound from A via esddsp as normal user.

That doesn't work in the other direction:
On 'B' I have to execute the 'esddsp ...' command as root to get it work.
As normal user, i get this error message (from mpg123):
'Can't open default sound device!'

Ok, that looks like a permission problem, but i have no clue where.

The sound device seems to be not the problem:

'A':
crw-rw----    1 root     audio     14,   3 2003-06-03 00:13 /dev/dsp0

'B':
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     audio     14,   3 2001-04-15 02:44 /dev/dsp

user is member of group 'audio' on both systems...

Any suggestions?

Henning