Re: some dev files disappeared, mouse doesn't work, no hostname

Kent West wrote:

[When] I try to do a "sudo", even something simple like "sudo ls", I get:
   sudo: unable to lookup westk03 via gethostbyname()
(westk03 is the name of this computer), and once I got something like "hostname does not exist", even though the command "hostname" reports "westk03" and that's what's in /etc/hostname.

Somehow my /etc/hosts file disappeared. I created a new one, making sure my first line was:
   127.0.0.1       localhost               westk03
and now all is well.

--
Kent