Re: Eject problem

On Saturday July 12, 2003 at 04:30
Jerry Van Brimmer <jerryvb@toast.net> wrote:

> Hdd works just fine.
>
> Hdc doesn't:
>
> jerry@debian:~$ mount /dev/hdc
> jerry@debian:~$ eject /dev/hdc
> eject: unable to eject, last error: Invalid argument
> jerry@debian:~$
>

> I can manually eject the cd by pushing the eject button on the fron of
>
> the drive, but eject won't.

I thought you had been saying something about having to log out/in to
eject (in linux.debian)

For reference in this group, the output Jerry posted in linux.debian:

jerry@debian:~$ eject -v /cdrom
eject: device name is `/cdrom'
eject: expanded name is `/cdrom'
eject: `/cdrom' is not mounted
eject: `/dev/hdc' can be mounted at `/cdrom'
eject: `/dev/hdc' is a multipartition device
eject: trying to eject `/dev/hdc' using CD-ROM eject command
eject: CD-ROM eject command failed
eject: trying to eject `/dev/hdc' using SCSI commands
eject: SCSI eject failed
eject: trying to eject `/dev/hdc' using floppy eject command
eject: floppy eject command failed
eject: trying to eject `/dev/hdc' using tape offline command
eject: tape offline command failed
eject: unable to eject, last error: Invalid argument

Seems to me like the cdrom does not support software ejecting. How old
is the drive? Does/did it eject in Window$?
--
-johann koenig
now playing: Goldfinger - Stay