Eject problem

I have two internal cdrom drives, hdc, and hdd. Hdc is a DVD drive, Hdd is a CDRW drive. If I put a data cd in both drives, here's what happens:

jerry@debian:~$ mount /dev/hdc   < it mounts OK
jerry@debian:~$ eject /dev/hdc   < eject returns an error
eject: unable to eject, last error: Invalid argument

jerry@debian:~$ mount /dev/hdd   < it mounts OK
mount: block device /dev/hdd is write-protected, mounting read-only  <this is OK
jerry@debian:~$ eject /dev/hdd   < it ejects the cd just like it's supposed to
jerry@debian:~$

Mounting and ejecting Hdd works fine. Eject on Hdc gives me the "Invalid argument" message.

Here's my fstab entries:

/dev/hdc        /cdrom		iso9660	ro,users,noauto		0	0

/dev/hdd	/mnt/plextor	iso9660	user,noauto		0	0

Any ideas?

BTW - setting /usr/bin/eject to SUID root didn't help.

TIA,
Jerry