openoffice hangs machine

Hi,

I recently installed Debian 3.0 on my laptop, and have installed
openoffice from both a apt source, and compiled the program myself,
with the same issue. As soon as I load the application it hangs mt
whole machine, no responce to any input including cntl-alt-backspace,
and any attemp to end x or even view another terminal. I'm not sure
what the issue could be, i'm pretty shure I have all the pakages
needed to run the program, as I would have thought the compile/install
process would check for these, and my X seems to run fine in all other
applications inluding video watching.

Any ideas/thoughts on where to go from here would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks for your time

<DIV>
<P class=quote-body>Death isn't on line. If he was, there would be a sudden drop in the death rate. Although it'd be interesting to see if he'd post things like: DON'T YOU THINK I SOUND LIKE JAMES EARL JONES?</P>
<DL>
<DD>-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)</DD></DL></DIV></DIV></html>

Tired of 56k? Get a FREE BT Broadband connection http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband