Re: Spamassassin & SA Proxy

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Jernej Zidar wrote:
> Can Spamassassin be made into a fictious proxy server to whom one could
> point his email client?

If you want to filter a remote email account through spamassassin for
incoming mail, you could:

	1) Set up a MTA agent on the proxy machine.
	2) Integrate Spamassassin with said MTA.
	3) Set up a pop3/imap/pop3s/imaps daemon on the proxy machine.
	4) Set up fetchmail to poll the remote mail account.

Of course, that could be a tad overkill just to filter email.

~ Jesse Meyer

--
         icq: 34583382 / msn: dasunt@hotmail.com / yim: tsunad

   "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we
    pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr : Mother Night