Re: Games thru SSH

Thus spake Ian Melnick:
> Hello, all
>
> For a while I've been wanting to play games like doom and quake thru an
> ssh session. I would have settled for 'text mode' quake, but the older
> libraries provided with it segfault on my system. Then I thought maybe I
> could use dosemu; as people say doom runs in it, but I've had no luck;
> it seems to halt before completely loading.
> Is there any hope?

Not really.  Not if you're actually thinking that you can *play quake*
over an ssh session.  On a local lan, you *might* be able to do it (with
a very low framerate), but there's no way you're going to be able to:
- shove 30fps or so across an ssh connection
- do any sort of serious graphics over the connection
You might be able to get away with a very-very low framerate
aalib-rendered game, but that's about all I can think of.

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

Now is the Windows of our disk contents