Install Problems

I'm trying to install debian 3.0 woody on a Dell PE1400 with a MegaRaid
Pci card installed.  I get the install to load the module (megaraid.o)
off of a floppy and then it partitioned the drive and installed
everything. Great!! now it restarts what is the correct way of getting
that module to load up when the kernel boots up so that it can mount the
fs?  Short of creating my own custom kernel to boot with.

TIA
Mark Rinaudo