Re: the evergreen: mozilla 1.0 and gnome2

Hello Michel

Thanks a lot for your answer!!

On Mittwoch, 09-Jul-03 at 22:30:19, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-07-05 at 17:47, Andreas Wüst wrote:
>>
>> I've installed gnome2 from unstable and am running mozilla 1.0 from
>> stable. To go straight, the mozilla ui (i.e. menu, bookmark bar,
>> etc.) fonts are just ways too big! With gnome1.4 this hasn't been a
>> problem since mozilla 1.0 seemed to listen to the "application font"
>> settings within gnome-control-center, but with gnome2, no chance.
>>
>> What do I have to do in order to get some sensible font sizes for
>> mozilla?
>
> The best solution would probably be upgrading mozilla to sid as well
> (and installing mozilla-xft).

What I've already done, since mozilla 1.4 is in sid.

But the solution I finally
found goes like this: take the example .css in the
~/.mozilla/default/blabla/chrome/ directory, uncomment the two entries,
AND, before the first "{" of the first entry, ADD an "*". This basically
did the trick. Then, rename the example file to the file name mentioned
in the header of this file, and LEAVE it in the SAME directory as the
sample file. You're done now!

--
Best wishes,
Andi