Re: but I don't want the Russian etc. documentation

File: *manpages*,  Node: localepurge,  Up: (dir)

LOCALEPURGE(8)                                     LOCALEPURGE(8)

NAME
       localepurge - removing superfluous locale data

SYNOPSIS
       localepurge

DESCRIPTION
       localepurge is a small script to recover disk space wasted
       for unneeded locale files and localized man pages. It will
       be  automagically  invoked  by dpkg upon completion of any
       apt installation run.   You  have  to  define  the  locale
       directory  names  you want to keep from removal after each
       apt installation run in the /etc/locale.nopurge configura­
       tion file.  Unless localepurge has been adequately config­
       ured, the system's locale directories won't be touched  at
       all.