Re: ATAPI CD-writer

Hello

Am Montag, 7. Juli 2003 13:23 schrieb cr:

> I believe I also probably need sg and sr_mod.   Can they also be loaded
> via modprobe?   And - this is probably a stupid question but, where would
> I find these modules - sg, sr_mod and  ide-scsi?   insmod  can't find
> them -
>
> insmod: sg: no module by that name found
>
> I can't find them anywhere on my system, nor listed by name on the
> complete Debian Woody CD-rom contents list that I keep handy.   The
> CD-Writing HOWTO says  "Please read the next chapter if insmod complains
> about missing module files" but I can't find any further mention of them
> in the HOWTO (unless I missed it).

If the modules can't be found, they are probably built into the kernel and
everything is fine. The drivers that are built as modules will be loaded
automatically when you modprobe ide-scsi (or during booting). I only know
about 2.4.18-bf2.4, and with this kernel, all I had to do was to change the
bootloader config, load the ide-scsi module and change the symlink for the
device entry. Then everything worked as expected. I think the same is true
for the other kernels.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--