Re: local mirror based on APT source.list format?

On Sun, 2003-07-06 at 10:52, Daniel B. wrote:
> Shri Shrikumar wrote:

> > > Last I knew, apt-get didn't have any mirroring capability like I
> > > described.  Do you know of some changes, or are you just assuming
> > > that it can do anything?
> >
> > I think you want cron-apt.
>
> I see how cron-apt runs apt-get, and I see how apt-get has a
> download-only option, but how would I tell apt-get to get
> everything (from each APT repository in sources.list)?
>
> I don't think I want to use "apt-get --download-only upgrade"--
> wouldn't apt-get only download the packages that weren't already
> installed?

I wrote a Perl script for myself that's been happily running for over a
year now keeping an updated sid mirror on my file server. But if all you
want to do is have a full debian mirror (sid, sarge, and woody) then
just do an rsync with a debian mirror, excluding the directories for the
architectures you don't want.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837