apt-get/dselect - network *or* CDs

I've tried to find an answer to this by reading and searching the
net, but no luck.

I created the "sources.list" file with network entries followed by CD
entries. Ideally, I'd like this setup to access one of the specified
network mirrors if I'm connected to the Internet.  On the other hand,
if I'm not connected by either PPP or Ethernet, I'd like to use the
installation CDs.

Is this possible?

As a much less desirable "work around", I tried having two secondary
files -- one with the network entries and another with the CD ones --
one of which is symbolic linked to "sources.list".  The problem with
that is when I use the network info, all the data from the seven CDs
"goes away" (requiring a rescan of all CDs next time I use *them*).

Thanks for any ideas!

--
Prof Kenneth H Jacker       khj@cs.appstate.edu
Computer Science Dept       www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj