Re: Using IMAPS instead of IMAP in courier

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003, gerard wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-07-05 at 15:03, Jesse Meyer wrote:
> > In an effort to run a more secure network by default, I decided to
> > switch from courier-imap to courier-imap-ssl.
> >
> > Now I have imaps running port 993, however, imap2 still wants to run
> > on 143.  I cannot simply remove the courier-imap package, since
> > courier-imap-ssl lists it a dependency.
> you should check your /etc/services file. make sure its mapped in there.

You've confused me.  Isn't /etc/services just a list of common names for
port numbers to use?  [man services]

Or maybe I'm not being clear enough.

What I'm trying to do is disable non-ssl imap (on port 143) so all
clients have to use ssl imap (on port 993).

~ Jesse Meyer

--
         icq: 34583382 / msn: dasunt@hotmail.com / yim: tsunad

   "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we
    pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr : Mother Night